Midheaven's Sustainable Mission
Fashion production makes up 10% of humanity’s carbon emissions, dries up water sources and pollutes rivers and streams. 85% of all textiles go to the dump each year.
This is why I started Midheavens, the fashion industry is one of the biggest parts of our economy but at the same time one of the biggest polluters. Not only has the fashion industry an enviromental cost, it also has a human cost:
textile workers, primarly women in developing countries, are often paid derisory wages and forced to work long hours in horrible conditions . In many places, these conditions create infringements on human rights. Use of chemicals in clothes production also raise serious health concerns.
My mission with Midheavens is to make clothes that don't hurt our planet and our people. To show you all the possibilities within sustainable fashion, because
Sustainable fashion doesn't have to be boring!
Most sustainable brands have the same style and consists of mostly basic items, but sustainable fashion doesn't have to be basic!! With Midheavens I want to show you all the possibilities within sustainable fashion and teach you how to take care of your clothes and make something new yourself.
I try to make Midheavens 100% sustainable by doing these things:
- Use second hand clothing and materials.
- Use packaging from returns from other shops/ packaging from other items to send you your new piece. Because the inside is what counts ;)
- Business cards and flyers made from 100% agricultural waste, no paper used!
- Printed clothing made in The Netherlands, using organic materials and sustainable techniques. Made to order only, to prevent producing clothes that aren't needed.
- Information for your order (return forms etc.) is all send through email to prevent paper waste.
There is always room for improvement and i'm always learning and changing, but welcome on this journey with me x